Braun Touchless + Forehead Thermometer
- Trusted, premium brand
- Unique dual technology: choose between no-stress ‘Touchless’ readings or ‘Touch’ mode for extra reassurance.
- Quick and easy – readings in less than 2 seconds.
- Clinically accurate: patented ‘satellite’ sensors capture 2 x more body heat than other touchless thermometers
- Large, colour coded ‘traffic light’ display for easy fever analysis
- User guidance system to assist correct positioning
- Simple, sophisticated design
- Safe & hygienic – no probe covers needed.
- Trusted Brand
Braun is a premium German brand, recognised for its high precision engineering and innovative design. Braun thermometers are preferred by doctors and paediatricians worldwide.
- Innovative dual technology
The first ever thermometer with the convenience of two clinically proven options to take temperature – completely non-invasive no touch or traditional forehead touch. Get the same professional accuracy whether touching your child’s forehead or measuring up to 5cm away.
- Quick & easy readings
The Braun Touchless + forehead takes measurements in under 2 seconds, making it one of the fastest ways to measure temperature. The option of ‘Touchless’ mode also makes it perfect for distressed sick children, squirmy toddlers and small babies who may find it difficult to tolerate other, more invasive methods.
- Patented satellite sensor Braun Touchless + forehead thermometer is a very accurate way to measure temperature – even without skin contact.
The thermometer measures infrared energy radiated from the skin at the centre of the forehead. This energy is ‘captured’ through the thermometer’s lens. Braun uses breakthrough technology with a lens shaped like a satellite, in order to capture twice as much radiated body heat compared to traditional forehead thermometers.
- Large, colour coded display Braun makes fever monitoring simple to understand, with a large, colour-changing display (like a ‘traffic light’) in background of the digital temperature reading.
Green: suggests no fever Yellow: suggests moderate fever Red: signals high fever.
- User guidance system How a thermometer is positioned is vital to the accuracy of its results. Braun’s unique on-screen positioning system confirms proper distance for taking temperature and a gentle guidance light directs you to aim accurately.
- Sophisticated design The Touchless + forehead features elegant, sophisticated design with an ergonomic and comfortable handle, large buttons and easy-to-read LCD screen.
- Safe & hygienic The thermometer is safe and hygienic to use on babies, children and adults. As a non-invasive instrument, does not require probe covers.
What is fever?
Fever is a defence mechanism the body uses to fight infections, and is therefore frequently associated with childhood illnesses. A body temperature that is consistently above the normal temperature range is called a fever.
What is normal body temperature?
Normal body temperature is unique to each individual and it ranges from 34.8 C to 38.0 C, depending on the body site where the temperature is taken.
This normal range is influenced by many factors such as physical activity, but it also varies throughout the day. The normal temperature range tends to decrease with age. To define your and your family members normal temperature, measure temperature several times throughout a day when you and your family are healthy. These temperatures can be then compared to readings in case of suspected fever.
How to use
The Braun Touchless + forehead thermometer has been clinically tested and proven accurate when used in accordance to the instructions. Please refer to instruction booklet for full details and diagrams.
1. Remove cap.
2. Power on: press and release the power button. Backlight will come on and the start up sequence begins.
3. When the device is ready and correctly positioned, a horizontal line of dashes (“-----“) will appear on the screen.
4. Position device on, or up to 5cm away from the centre of the forehead, just between the eyebrows.
5. For No touch readings, the yellow guidance light will show you where you are aiming.
6. When the device is placed correctly, the screen displays a dashed line animation while it takes the reading. If the device is positioned too far away from the forehead it will prompt you to move closer by displaying a diagram and the numbers “0-5cm”. Slowly move the device towards the forehead until the dashed line animation (“------“) begins.
7. Press the temperature button (you can press and hold, or press and release).
8. After approximately 2 seconds, the display will the temperature, including the corresponding beeps and fever traffic light colour.
NOTE: you can silence the beep function in order not to wake a sleeping child – refer to instruction booklet for details.
Tips for taking temperature
ü For best results the patient should be inside, away from direct sunlight for at least 30 minutes before taking temperature.
ü Remove any hair from forehead before measuring temperature.
ü Clean any sweat or dirt away from the forehead to improve accuracy.
ü Keep the patient’s head still – it can help to have them look at a set point in the near distance.
ü Hold the thermometer steady while taking temperature – no need to ‘swipe’.
Please refer to manual for troubleshooting.
Use only as directed. If fever persists, see your healthcare professional.